January 3, 2020 – The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awards Sparksoft Corporation a prime contract to maintain and enhance the Data Services Hub (Hub) common services such as synchronous request/response transactions, Enterprise File Transfer (EFT), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and Eligibility Support Desk Change Utility (ESD-CU) in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. To assist CMS in carrying out its responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Sparksoft will support the maintenance, operations, and development of the Hub as follows:
- Act as a single point of interface for Federal and State Exchanges, State Medicaid/CHIP Agencies, Issuers, Third Party Administrators (TPAs), Agent/Brokers, and Trusted Data Sources (TDSs) which are used for client verification – both federal and private entities; or any other entity identified as a future Hub partner.
- Provide O&M support for the Hub instances in all of its environments (multiple lower and production type).
- Conduct new development as required to maintain, enhance, and evolve the Hub and its subsystems, which may include retiring Hub services.
- Provide Tiers 1, 2 and 3 support for the Hub and its subsystems.
- Provide Regional Technical Support for all state related matters to include but not be limited to interface related maintenance, Hub services related upgrades and or maintenance activities and state testing support as an example.
- Follow DevOps industry standards and perform DevOps support for the Hub.
- Continue to stabilize and optimize the Hub instances in the Cloud through expanded use of AWS managed services.
Since 2013 Sparksoft has successfully supported the implementation of the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and State-Based Exchanges (SBE) on CMS programs like Collaborative Application Lifecycle Tool (CALT), ACA Eligibility Support Contract, ACA Testing, Marketplace Program Integrity Contract (MPIC), Marketplace Advisor System Integrator (MASI), as well as the Massachusetts Health Insurance Exchange (MA HIX). This award builds on Sparksoft’s existing work at the CMS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) on the Hub program, where we provide EDI support, and the Multidimensional Information and Data Analytics System (MIDAS), where we support a robust data analytics platform for Marketplace transactions.
“We are honored and humbled that the government continues to trust us with support on some of the most mission-critical public health programs.” Said Sparksoft’s President Ms. Siva Sivaraman. Sparksoft’s CEO, Mr. Mike Finkel stated that “During my personal career I have had the privilege to be closely involved in the Obamacare implementation with Federal stakeholders since ACA inception, including building out the Exchange Operations Center and testifying at the Energy and Commerce Health subcommittee in 2013. Now that Sparksoft is entrusted with maintaining two major platforms supporting the Marketplace, it is our obligation to seek out holistic synergies, innovations, and efficiencies for CMS at an enterprise-scale. We take this responsibility very seriously and will continue to work closely with our government partners to support the Marketplace legislation and growth, and ensure successful Open Enrollments for years to come.”
About Sparksoft Corporation
Sparksoft is a certified Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) SVC and DEV Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, HUBZone, 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Small, Women-owned, Minority-owned (SWaM), and MBE/DBE/SBE consulting firm. With our focused mission “to ignite innovation, inspire transformation, and implement digital solutions for a healthier nation”, we specialize in 6 specific digital health services: Test Automation, Cloud Services, DevOps Delivery, Cyber Security, Data Science, and Human-Centered Design. Since 2004, our exceptionally skilled people, proven leadership, and optimized processes all work together relentlessly to continuously push for more efficient solutions.
We have developed a support structure of Innovation Centers, designed to collect our lessons learned and identify opportunities for improvement. A key development from our Innovational Centers is the DevTOps framework, which uses an Agile methodology and emphasizes testing to optimize the project lifecycle. SparkLabs is an important impetus in our drive for innovation where our development teams explore ideas and turn them into real-world solutions. We continually pull from our experience and combine this with forward thinking technology from our certified partners like RedHat, Microsoft, AWS, Okta, Google, Databricks, and MarkLogic to conceptualize our novel and effective solutions such as MockSpider® virtual sandbox, ScriptHive® TDD/BDD automation, and 508bee® accessibility validation.
|Business Development Contact