- Conduct vulnerability/penetration testing assessments using approved tools and following an approved methodology, scope, and rules of engagement.
- Identify security vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to compromise client information or systems.
- Conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing on enterprise network assets with a focus on application security.
- Solid knowledge of core Internet protocols (IPsec, TLS, DNS, HTTP, TCP, etc.)
- Have an understanding of common Web Application vulnerabilities like SQLi, XSS, CSRF, and Security Misconfiguration.
- Solid knowledge of networking fundamentals and common Attacks (OWASP Top 10 and SANS TOP 25)
- Solid knowledge of Kali Linux and its tools.
- Must be proficient with Burp Suite/ZAP
- Fundamental understanding of scripting languages such as – python, bash, ruby, perl.
- Ability to demonstrate security risks and provide mitigation techniques.
- Ability to discuss technical topics to groups with wide range of technical background.
- Must have solid working experience and knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating system
- Must be able to work alone or in a small group
- Possess any of the following – CEH, GPEN, GWAPT
- CEH (Practical)
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience
Founded in 2004, Sparksoft is a Small Business (WOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, HUBZone, 8(a), Women-Owned, and Minority-owned business (SWaM), MBE/DBE/SBE holding prime contracts with SPARC, GSA and Navy Seaport-e.Lead by a team with over 20 years of industry experience, we have a proven track record in software development and managing multi-year projects. We work in both federal and commercial spaces, providing innovative solutions in Agile Software Testing, Software Engineering, Program Management, Security & Privacy Solutions, Delivery Management and Health IT. We have dedicated Centers of Excellence in software testing, independent verification and validation, and security and privacy, that are designed to fulfill the IT needs of any commercial or government field.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
Apply directly to:
*Please include in the subject line: Application for Junior Security Specialist*