- Evaluate Non-Functional Requirement documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, volume projections, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs
- Develop a workload simulation matrix and determine scripting scenarios
- Develop a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document that includes short and long-term test objectives, types of tests required, workload matrix, scenarios, etc.
- Design and implement re-usable Performance test scripts using industry standard tools (HP LoadRunner and/or Performance Center).
- Design, develop and implement modular and reusable performance testing solutions that satisfy the performance testing requirements.
- Create and execute performance test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will validate system performance according to workflow and load specifications.
- Produce reports and documentation for all performance testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Frequently communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team members and management.
- Develop test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests.
- Responsible for collecting peak load, yearly volumes, expected response times and create workload models.
- Conducted Batch performance testing with millions of claims, medical and pharmacy records on cloud AWS servers.
- Administer deep-dive and methodic performance degradation diagnostics/troubleshooting and propose viable explanations.
- Perform heap and thread analysis, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contention, etc.
- Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performance.
- Document test results and develop custom made summary reports to satisfy both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 4 years of progressive performance testing and engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience using performance test tools to develop scripts, monitor application/database/machine level performance, analyze performance metrics, troubleshoot errors/failures/bottlenecks, and prepare performance reports
- Deep knowledge of web application and browser concepts (HTTP, connections, cookies, caching, streaming, etc.)
- Experience using SoapUI and performance test tools like HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, JMeter etc.
- Hands-on experience with performance monitoring tool New Relic APM
- Experience applying extensive technical expertise in performance testing and advanced scripting
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology
- Experience with test data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.) and understands data storage, encoding, encryption, data transformation, and related concepts
- Productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Knowledge of Automation Tools (Selenium, QTP)
- Supported performance testing on large projects
- Seeking a candidate with 6-8 years of experience in performance testing using Load Runner.