Conduct Section 508 testing using assertive technology and manual accessibility tools. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Section 508 and accessibility best practices for web-based applications and accurately identify accessibility issues in developed products and identify potential accessibility barriers and violations.
- Plan, develop and execute test cases for Section 508 Compliance testing.
- Support testing of projects that use Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid development models.
- Test for Section 508 compliance using JAWS Review and analyze functional specifications.
- Record problems/defects identified during testing and Retest problems after they are resolved by the development team.
- Communicate the status of testing, including reporting of overall test results. Document test plans and test cases.
- Verify compliance with 508 accessibility standards Identify and suggest potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1 standards as well as compliance with the Section 508 and other accessibility related laws.
- Familiar with VPAT template creation and coordination with external client teams for conducting the testing.
- 508 Remediation of a variety of Document Types – HTML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF
- Effectively work on multiple applications and teams simultaneously
- Must have 6+ years using JAWS software for testing.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge on JIRA/ALM Defect Management Process, hands on experience with Defect Management Tools.
- Must have experience with standard 508 testing tools (i.e. JAWS, Web Accessibility Tool Bar, Inspect. Etc.)
- Must have prior experience in Manual/ Functional Testing.
- Must have hands-on experience with tools such as QC/HP ALM, SQL and JIRA.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and four to eight years of testing experience.